Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Backyard Projects

mid-July 2009~ I'm not sure how, but we (well, Josh) completely transformed our backyard within two weeks to prepare for Ronan's 5th birthday party! It seemed like an impossible task (to me), but Josh is ambitious enough and capable of taking on such big projects! He did a great job and we've been enjoying being able to use the space! I have to admit, though, that the stress of getting it done before the party was a little too much for me!!

Our little workers helping daddy build a play structure.
The boys could hardly wait for it to be done!
Getting closer!
The finished product...just in time for Ronan's birthday party!
Josh also built a deck using some of the leftover hardwood flooring.

My parents helped out a ton with getting the backyard ready for the party! They rolled the sod for our little stretch of grass and helped clean up all the junk/construction remnants on the back patio.
Insta-lawn!
View of the finished deck & sod

1 comment:

hechtr said...

such a great back yard! I see years of fun back there!