Thursday, September 27, 2007

Saying Goodbye.....

....to our trees

The first step in getting ready to build our house was to have eight fir trees removed from our property. Actually that was the second step. We first had to tear down our shed so that the tree guys could cut the trees down. Thank you to all who helped Josh with that!

So, on September 20th Ronan, Griffin, and I watched as three guys started cutting the giant branches down from our 60' trees. It was amazing. I thought Ronan would be the only one interested in watching, but Griffin and I really got into it too. One guy would climb up the tree to cut limbs down while the other guys would gather the limbs and trim them or put them in the chipper. They worked so fast. In the first day they cut down 4 trees (the biggest ones) and the next day they cut the remaining four trees in half the time. They did a great job. I was sad to see the trees go. I really didn't want to have to cut them down, but I know that it was necessary for the safety and well being of our house. And it was progress!! After almost 2 years of planning, waiting, more planning, and more waiting, we were finally getting started on something! I think Josh was sad that he wasn't able to be home to watch it all. I took some videos for him and lots of pictures too. Here are the before and after pictures:




On Monday, September 24th, a truck came to pick up our logs and deliver them to Roseboro Lumber. Again, this was very cool to watch! Here are some pictures of the log truck in action:



No comments: