Saturday, November 17, 2007

Running Around

Josh and I ran our first 5K today in EWEB's Run to Stay Warm fundraiser. The proceeds of the event went to the Customer Care Program which helps people who are having difficulty paying their utility bills. Ronan had been talking all week about running in the kid's 400m dash, but when we got to the starting line he got pretty nervous. The picture below shows me trying to encourage him to run with the other kids. I didn't want to push him to do it, but I thought that he might be sad if he chose not to run after seeing the other kids doing it. So, he decided to run and as soon as they said "Go" along with a loud horn he got really startled and wanted me to hold him. Josh and I ended up holding him through most of the race, but we did get him to run on his own at the end. I think he was scared of all the unknowns and the loud horn didn't help, but he got a goodie bag full of candy and stickers that kept him entertained while we ran the 5K!
Above: Holding hands with Ronan as he finished his race

Below: Our family at the start of the 5K run.
The boys did great in the stroller and Josh and I kept a pretty good pace. We started out way in the back of the pack and got stuck behind a large group of people walking the race, so it took a bit of maneuvering to get to where we could start running. It was a really pretty route right along the river path. It rained a little, but it was warm and not too windy. We ran almost the whole way...stopped two times to walk for a minute so I could catch my breath...and we finished in 32 minutes, which wasn't too bad (:
After the race I went to my scrapbooking group for about an hour, and then we all headed to the Greens to celebrate Ethan and Macey's 1st Birthdays! It was a fun party with lots of family and friends! They were so cute eating their 1st taste of cupcakes!

Yummy frosting!!
It was a busy Saturday, but lots of fun! Happy Birthday, Ethan and Macey!

No comments: