Tuesday, November 27, 2007

So Thankful

Thanksgiving weekend was FULL of fun. We packed in a lot of really good times with family and close friends. On Thursday we celebrated Thanksgiving with my family. Erik came down from Seattle, so we were all together (except for Celeste- we missed you!). We used to split the day between our two families until a few years ago when the Ruddick side decided to celebrate on the day after Thanksgiving. It's nice because we get to relax a little more and really enjoy our time with each family.

We are so very thankful that we are close with our families and that we all enjoy being together. We always have fun, and it's great to watch all the cousins playing together. I am thankful for Josh and for our boys! I think this holiday now feels extra special to me because it reminds me of anticipating Griffin's birth last year. I was 41 weeks along in my pregnancy last year...and just waiting on God's timing for Griffin's arrival. I have a lot of special memories of the days leading up to his birth, which ended up being amazing and one of the proudest moments of my life!

Griffin's 1st Thanksgiving!

You can always find Ronan playing outside in the dirt and leaves. He doesn't mind the icky weather.

Griffin is walking so well now! He has great balance, which comes in handy having an active big brother running around him all the time. He really looks more like a kid now (:
We never managed to get a group picture of the Ruddick family, but here is a picture of the cousins at the kiddie table. Ethan and Macey are in the background and I must be holding Griffin. Amy took some pictures of our family that we will probably use in our Christmas card, so I'll wait to share them (: It was a full house, but again, lots of fun! All of Josh's grandparents were there along with his Aunt Diane. It really was a special day!

1 comment:

Katrina Henry said...

I still can't get over how big Griffin looks when he's standing or walking! Such a kid! It's going to be so strange when Finn & Griffin can walk around together.