Sunday, September 14, 2008

work party

August 15, 2008
Josh took the day off work to continue working on the siding of the new house in preparation for painting the following weekend. I was busy packing and painting in our old house to get everything ready for the carpet to be replaced. It was super hot and not much fun...but my family came to the rescue! My dad, Uncle Keith, and my cousin, Wyatt, worked with Josh and also moved a bunch of boxes up to the attic of the new house. Aunt Carol and my cousin, Natasha, helped me paint our bedroom---they did most of it! They were all amazing! I know it was not at the top of their list of fun things to do on vacation, but we really appreciated their willingness to help us. It was fun for us to have their company, and I hope it was somewhat enjoyable for them, too. (: OK, on to the pictures:

Ronan, Natasha, and Aunt Carol standing in Ronan's closet in his new room.
Wyatt carrying boxes from one house to the other.
Uncle Keith
Papa working on the siding/trim on the scaffolding at the peak of the roof.
See below
This picture was taken a few nights before. Josh and my dad are on ladders on the scaffoding....scary sight! Thankfully everyone was safe!
Our bedroom before:
Aunt Carol and Natasha painting over the yellow walls.
Our bedroom after:
(this picture was taken after the new carpet was installed)

No comments: