Thursday, October 9, 2008

1st Day of School

September 7, 2008

Ronan seemed like such a big boy as he headed to the car for the first day of school! He had been looking forward to going back to school, and he was sure to let everyone know that he was going to be in the 4 year old class at preschool. He is still going two mornings a week (like last year), but in a new classroom with a new teacher. He was excited and a little nervous at the same time, so I went in with him knowing he would need a little time to warm up. It didn't take long for him to find some kids to talk to and get interested in the fun activities.

Who knew that cutting straws & watching the pieces fly would be so fun!
Ronan tracing his name
His teacher, Miss Julie, is great! She really helped Ronan feel comfortable when it was time for me to leave...Ronan was starting to get sad and he was worried that Miss Julie didn't have a phone to call me if he needed me. He didn't want me to leave until I wrote down my phone number for her and asked her if she had a phone. (: When I picked him up after school and asked him how it went, he said, "It was great! I loved it! I was only a little sad for you".

No comments: