Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Dirt and Worms

I spent last evening digging in the dirt with Ronan. This is something he does on a regular basis, but I hardly ever join him. I don't know why. I guess I am usually holding Griffin or doing something inside the house and watching him out the window. But, last night Griffin went to bed early and Ronan was helping Josh work outside, so I decided to interact with Ronan so Josh could actually get some work done. I dug in the dirt and Ronan looked for worms to collect in his dump truck. We found a few worms and Ronan was so happy. We weren't even out there for that long, but I think he really enjoyed it. He said, "Mom, you're a good worker", which is a big compliment because that is what he always says to Josh....who really is a good worker (: Soon we will have a huge dirt pile in our yard once we excavate for our new house, so I am sure we will be digging for worms more often! Now that I think of it, I have such great memories of digging for night crawlers with my dad when we lived in Tenmile. We'll have to plan a fishing trip.... (:

2 comments:

Kenton Henry said...

You are a good worker, Gretchen! Way to get your hands dirty! :) Ronan is going to have so much fun when the excavators come. I bet Finn would like to watch...he's really interested when he hears BIG trucks.

ProfessR said...

these are the best of times! and every day so exciting for your two darling boys! Ronan will probably take on moving the 'dirt pile' as his job-he's such a good worker too!
love, mom-memaw