Saturday, October 6, 2007

Family Bike Ride

Even though this bike ride happened a few weeks ago I wanted to include it in my blog because it was such a memorable day!

All summer we talked about buying a new bike for me and upgrading to a nicer bike trailer that would work better for hauling two kids. Well, things kept coming up and we never got around to looking until the middle of September. So, on one of the last sunny weekends of "summer" we were prompted by a REI 20% off coupon to go shopping for bike gear. After going to a few places and riding around on a few bikes (I felt funny because I hadn't been on a bike for over 3 years), Josh decided on a new bike trailer from REI and found a nice used bike for me at a great price. I was so excited! We got a little helmet for Griffin and one for me (: He looked sooo cute in his helmet, but he didn't really like wearing it.
We were excited to go on a family bike ride, so we decided to ride to church the next morning. Ronan loved it and Griffin did pretty well. They ate snacks along the way and Ronan helped with Griffin's helmet which kept covering his eyes.
After church we rode to Josh's parent's house to have lunch and celebrate Grandpa Lermo's birthday. And after that we rode home. It was a long day and I felt tired from trying to keep up with Josh. I'm sure he felt like he was taking me on a leisure ride, but it was a pretty good workout for me (:

1 comment:

Katrina Henry said...

Griffin looks like such a big boy in his helmet. So fun! I haven't ridden a bike since before I was pregnant...we'll have to start saving for a bike trailer for next summer. :) Good story!