Sunday, May 24, 2009

April 7th & 8th

The day before my birthday was a free childcare day for our moms group at church, so a group of my friends all got together for coffee at the mall. We always look forward to "free day" because many of us don't get regular breaks from our kids to run errands or hang out with friends. I was honored that they chose to spend their kid-free two hours with me that day. (: It was so nice to sit & chat & relax!

Becca, Me, Hillary, Kelly, Beth, Lindsey, Sydney & baby Jumi
By the time my actual birthday came around I felt like I had already done a lot of celebrating! (: But, I still had a big day ahead. In the morning Griffin and I got to help in Ronan's classroom with egg decorating. Ronan was very excited to have us there and made sure to tell his teacher and all his friends that it was my birthday. (:

Miss Julie is teaching the kids how to tell the difference between a raw egg and a hard boiled one. I'm not sure how the dinosaurs were related to that. (:
Griffin wanted to right in the center of the egg dying action.


When Griffin and I left the classroom we had about an hour before we needed to pick up Ronan, so we met my friend Kelly and her son Eli at Perk n Play (cute little coffee shop with toys for kids to play with). Later that evening Josh's mom watched the boys so we could go out to dinner with our friends Jill & Eric. We went to Sushiya because of their amazing birthday deal ($20 off of your bill on your B-day!)...and I enjoyed every bit of it!

Josh is good at encouraging me to eat new things, and I'm so glad that I was brave enough to try sushi with him a few years ago. It has definitely become one of our favorite types of food!
I always love the presentation!
After dinner we drove around and decided to go to some stores to look at home decor and idea books since we didn't have the kiddos with us. We went to Pottery Barn, Borders, Pier One, and Bed Bath & Beyond--and actually got to take our time shopping around and discussing our plans & ideas. We forget how nice it is to have that time for just the two of us!

A few pictures with my boys before they went to bed.


No comments: