Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

On Saturday, April 11th, the boys and I met up with the Greens, the Creager kids, and Grammie at Camp Harlow's annual egg hunt. It was our first time going and it ended up being lots of fun.
We managed to get all 8 of the cousins in this picture--even Emma who was in the Moby Wrap. (:
Grammie, Ronan, Audrey, Dylan, Lydia, Griffin, Ethan, Macey, and Emma

The eggs were hidden in sections for different age groups, and the four of us adults split up with the kids. I took Ronan and Dylan to their area and we waited for the "go". I didn't realize how tough it would be to keep track of the two boys. Dylan took off searching for eggs and Ronan froze and wanted me to stay with him. There were a lot of kids and I think it was overwhelming for him. So while I was helping Ronan get comfortable I was also trying to scan the sea of kids to find Dylan. After several minutes went by, and still no luck finding him, I heard my name being called over the loud speaker. Someone had found him and asked if we was looking for his mom, and he replied, "no, I'm looking for my Gretchen." (: I felt awful, but so relieved, too! He was happy to be found and happy because he found a whole bunch of eggs!
Jon & Amy were with Ethan, Macey, and Griffin (and they kept track of them nicely). (:
Griffin discovered the yummy treats inside the eggs!
Amy took these pictures for me. I had to post them both because only one boy is looking up in each picture. (: They were too excited about their eggs.

It was a fun little adventure and I'm glad we went--next time I'll be a little more prepared for the craziness of it all. (:

No comments: