Thursday, May 21, 2009

Skating Party

April 3, 2009~ We were invited to a Skate World birthday party for Meaghan (one of Ronan & Sadie's friends) and boy did it bring back memories from childhood! The elementary school that Becca and I went to always had end-of-the-year skate parties, so we thought we were pretty good skaters back then. (: We got a kick out of seeing our kids watching out for each other & figuring out how to skate. Ronan had been skating once before when he was only two, so this was his first time to really try to skate on his own. I loved watching him with his cousins as they hugged the wall around the skate rink. I think he only made it around two times, but he was so proud of himself and felt like he was really skating. (: One cool think about Skate World is they allow strollers on the rink, so Becca and I were able to take Cohen and Griffin for rides too.

Sadie with the birthday girl.
All laced up and ready to go! Tyler got to try roller blades!
Slowly but surely making it around together. (:

Griffin enjoying the ride. (:
Before we left Sadie and Tyler each took turns strolling Griffin around.


2 comments:

hechtr said...

OH WHAT FUN! I'm sorry I missed THAT! Good job kids! Skating is harder than it looks, huh!? but such good exercise.

Jodee said...

Talk about a flash back! Love Skate World! I think that may even be the same groovy carpet I remember!