Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 21st

While Kelly was at her first chemotherapy appointment I watched her boys for part of the day.  Our boys get along really well and have a lot of fun together, so it worked out really well!  When it was time to pick up Ronan from school, I put Griffin & Eli in the double stroller and John walked with me.  It was a beautiful, sunny day (somewhat abnormal for this time of year) so I decided to let the kids play on the playground for awhile after we got Ronan.  Once we got home the kids played until Alan and Kelly got done.  At one point John asked me when his mom would be coming back, and I told him that she would be back soon, and he said, "Wow, she must be having a lot of fun there." (:  I thought it was such a sweet and innocent response. (:
Darth Griffin + Captain Eli 

John + Ronan
 
 silly faces
 
 One treatment down and only five to go--you can do it, Kelly!
We wanted to take a few pictures to remember this time--before the inevitable hair loss.. ):
 
  This is such a hard thing to go through, but I am amazed at Kelly's strength and attitude through it all!