Tuesday, January 29, 2008

little milestones

Ronan is 3 1/2 today! He is growing up so fast...it's crazy! My family has a tradition of celebrating half-birthdays, usually with gifts like socks and underwear (: Memaw & Papa gave Ronan new camouflage pajamas and candy! We decided to take Ronan to Papa's Pizza, one of his favorite places to eat & play, and then to Dairy Queen for an ice cream cone. I think he felt very special (:

Here are some funny things Ronan has said lately:
  • "Gum is so good for my heart."
  • "I was on the moon last night."
  • As we were coming in from the snow the other day, Ronan was whining & acting upset and Josh said, "Are you cold, Ronan?". Ronan said, "No, I'm just freaking out." Ooops, I wonder where he has heard that before??

Ronan has learned a lot at preschool this year...
  • He can identify almost all of the letters in the alphabet and is learning to write them too.
  • He can say the Pledge of Allegiance. I didn't realize that he knew it, but I was reading a book about America to him one night, and when he heard me saying the Pledge of Allegiance he joined in and finished it on his own. We continue to be amazed at his memory! That same book also had a section about Neil Armstrong landing on the moon. The next morning I asked Ronan if he remembered the name of the first man to land on the moon, and he said, "I don't know...wait, I do know! Neil Armstrong". I think that's also when he told me that he too was on the moon. (:
Griffin has the same jammies, so I had to get a picture of them wearing them together.
Griffin turned 14 months old on Saturday! His vocabulary is starting to expand and he is really starting to show us that he understands what we're talking about (:

Griffin's Words:
  • Mama
  • Dada
  • blanky ("ganky")
  • dog ("gog")
  • up
  • all done ("ah done")
  • Papa
  • pop
  • banana ("nana")
  • bye bye ("bah bah")
  • bubble ("bubba")
He knows a few animal sounds: dog, elephant, and cow (it comes out more like boo rather than moo)
Above: Signing more
Below: Learning to Feed Himself

Peek-a-Boo!

1 comment:

Jon and Amy said...

How exciting! I love reading about how the boys are doing! Thanks for sharing all of those fun details-
Happy 3 1/2 years to Ronan
and Happy 14mo. to Griffin!