Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New Friends

We have lived in our house for over 5 years now, but just recently we've started to really get to know our neighbors. There are three families (with young kids) who live close by and are becoming good friends of ours. It's been a blessing for me, especially, to have other stay-at-home moms nearby to get together with during the week...

On Saturday night we were invited to a potluck at Shaun and Karl's house. They have a son, Konner, who is the same age as Ronan. There were two other families there that we hadn't met yet...one had a 3 year old boy and the other had a one year old girl. Our boys had a lot of fun playing with the other kids and ALL of Konner's toys. Josh and I took turns eating and keeping an eye on the kiddos. It was a little busy, but we had a really nice time (: The other families were vegetarians, so I found a new recipe to try out...Tarragon-Almond Green Beans. Shaun made a pineapple curry rice dish that was really delicious. She's going to send me the recipe, so I'll post it when she does. I could almost become a vegetarian....almost (:

This morning Griffin and I were invited to Sydney and Marcus' house (our neighbors down the street) for a play group. Marcus is 20 months old and he is such a sweet boy (: We met them during the summer...I would see them going on walks around the neighborhood with the same kind of jogging stroller we had. (I think that's what sparked our first conversation) We started meeting up to go on walks every so often, and this Fall Sydney started coming to the moms group at our church, so we get to see each other on a regular basis now. Anyway, we really enjoyed going to their little play group today. Altogether there were four moms, four toddlers, one infant, and one dog- which Griffin loved! (Ronan was at preschool) It's always fun meeting new people and getting together with other moms who can relate to what you're going through (: I found out that one of the ladies just started coaching for the volleyball club that I used to play for when I was in high school...that doesn't have anything to do with being a mom, but I just thought it was kind of a crazy coincidence.

It felt good to spend some time with our neighbors this week! It seems like we see each other more during the summer when we are spending time outside of our houses...so during these cold winter months we actually have to make more of an effort to plan time together (:

No comments: