Tuesday, April 22, 2008

1st night in Vegas...

On Friday morning I drove up to Tamarah's house (my friend & former teammate) to ride to the airport with her, Kira (her 6 month old baby), and Debby (Tam's mom). We had a very smooth flight and made it to Vegas around 4:00 that afternoon. I guess I should back up a little and say that the reason we were going to Vegas was for Kari Conklin's bachelorette party. I had never done anything like this before, but the timing worked out well (i.e. not pregnant or nursing!) and everything just fell into place. Some of my closest friends and teammates from high school were there...and we realized that we hadn't all been together for almost 8 years! Several of Kari's friends from Denver were there along with Kari's mom, grandma, aunts, future mother-in-law...whew! I think there were 26 of us total...all gathered in Kari's honor! We had plenty of reasons to celebrate!

Jaimi, Leslie, Renee, and I shared a room at the top of the Flamingo Hilton, and our room connected to a suite where Tamarah was staying (with her baby & mom, who was there to babysit).
Here's the view from our room...it was amazing!

It was SO great to see my friends and get caught up on their lives. We all re-connected right away and it really felt like no time had passed!

Here's Jaimi and I at the buffet at our hotel. We were a little obsessed with taking pictures of us together...so I'll try not to bore you!
Some of our group at dinner.
Jaimi getting to know baby Kira.
Me, Jaimi, Leslie, Renee, and Tamarah having a little fun in the elevator.
I'll end this post now, but I have lots more pictures to share, so check back if you want to. (:

1 comment:

Shaheen & Melissa said...

Gretchen!!!! I WAS IN VEGAS THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!! :( Bummer, I wish i would have known!!! Did you notice a bunch of cars driving around with numbers on them? and Cops everywhere?? We were there for an anual run: Baker to Vegas. I'm so sad that I didn't know you were there!! It looks like you had a great time though!!