Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The next day...

We all slept in on Saturday morning, which was definitely necessary due to our previous night! Kari's mom hosted lunch for us all at a poolside cabana at the Paris hotel. The weather was perfect! Warm and sunny with a slight breeze...it was wonderful!
After lunch, we had a personal shower for Kari. Here's a picture of the entire group all together:
Jaimi and I at the pool.
It was such a fun afternoon just relaxing by the pool! Afterwards Jaimi and I went shopping a little and then headed back to our hotel to get ready for the evening. We all met for dinner at the Planet Hollywood in Caesar's Palace.
Kari, Danielle, Tamarah, Jaimi, and I
Kari wore this huge, fake diamond ring all night (:
Leslie and Renee
The four of us trying our luck at the slots (: Several of the girls played Black Jack and did pretty well!
Here's my big win from the Butterfly Sevens maching (:
We hung out at Caesar's Palace for most of the night as people gambled and shopped a little. From there, Kari's Denver clan went back to Harrah's for more dancing, and the rest of us made out way back to the Flamingo. Leslie, Renee, and Tamarah played Black Jack and Roulette at our hotel, and Jaimi & I went to our room. We stayed up late talking. I'm so glad we had the chance to really catch up on each other's lives. We don't get to see each other enough, so we really made the most of our weekend together!

I had a hard time saying goodbye to my friends, but we all thought of things to look forward to. Although some of us are unable to go to Kari's wedding in Colorado, I think most of our group will be together again in July at Renee's wedding (in Sunriver). And Leslie will be in Oregon for the next month visiting her family before starting residency, so we're going to try to hang out. (:

I flew home on Sunday with Tamarah, Debby, and Kira. Our flight was delayed about an hour, and then once I got to Portland I had to drive all the way home to Eugene. (: It all went very smoothly, but by that time I was just ready to be home, so it felt like a really long day of travel! I had a very sweet reunion with my boys. It was great to be home!!

1 comment:

hechtr said...

What a great trip and happy time ! You girls packed a ton of fun into that weekend! Priceless memories and connections! All of the "stormin'girls look fabulous! And congratulations, Gretchen on your winnings! WOO-HOo!(-;} Thanks for sharing all these photos-I loved seeing everyone again after all these years!
<3 Mom, Janice