Wednesday, April 9, 2008

April 8th

I had a wonderful day celebrating my actual Birthday. I started the morning by going to Moms of Grace, where there were special decorations & a cake in my honor (thanks to my mom and Becca!). From there mom took my kids home for their naps and I got to have a few hours of free time. (: Josh took me to lunch at Cafe Lucky Noodle and then I went to Footloose for an hour-long massage! It was so incredibly relaxing! I came home to a clean kitchen and both kids still napping. (: Thanks so much, Mom!!

Getting ready to open my gifts.
Josh was trying to take pictures of me, and Ronan kept dancing in front of the camera. I thought I would post this picture so I would always remember what it was like to turn 30 while having a very active and silly 3 year old. He makes me laugh & keeps me young (:
Poor Griffin was sick with a cold, but he still had fun playing with trucks.
Next we went on a family date to Red Robin. It can be kinda crazy having little kids at a restaurant, and we knew that going in to it, but it turned out better than we expected. Ronan played with some toys that he brought and I kept Griffin entertained with strawberries from my lemonade while we waited for our food.

We all shared my yummy hot fudge sundae!
After we got the kids to bed we watched the movie Dan in Real Life. It was a very full, fun day! I can't believe I'm really 30!?!?

4 comments:

Kenton Henry said...

Sounds like a great day! Glad you had lots of fun things to do & that your boys had fun at the restaurant. Happy 30th! :P

Anonymous said...

I was glad to read your post about your fun filled day! What a special 30th birthday!
~Amy

Anonymous said...

Fun stuff! Good for you guys for making memories with your boys that will last a lifetime!A very happy birthday, indeed!
love,
Mom/memaw

Terra said...

Yeah! Glad it was a wonderful, relaxing day for you!! And I'm glad you have your mom there to help out with the boys. How special for you!! You look great - certainly not old enough to be 30! :O) It's crazy how fast it goes. Seems like just the other day we were sitting on the courtyard steps of Monroe Middle school trying to tan our legs as we chomped on apples and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. :O)

Have a great week!
love,
Terra