Sunday, June 15, 2008

miles + julian

My friend April called me last week to see if I wanted to trade off childcare with her throughout the summer to give each other a much needed break each week. I thought that sounded like a great idea! It is so convenient because we live in the same neighborhood and our kids are close in age. I think it will definitely be fun for the kids and good for us mommies too!

So, on Friday, I watched Miles and Julian at our house for a few hours so that April could have some free time! It was a sunny day, so we got to play outside a lot. The kids played really well together and were interested in the same things--trucks, rocks, balls, and scooters. (: Even little Julian and Griffin joined in with whatever the big boys wanted to do.

All four boys playing with trucks.
Julian (11 months), Griffin (18 months), Ronan (almost 4), and Miles (3 1/2)
Griffin concentrating on scooping up rocks.
A close-up of Julian. He's such a sweetie!
Miles looking so grown up! Their family moved to Eugene when Miles was just a few months old, and we've been friends ever since!
Snack Time
I felt pretty ambitious and decided to take all of the kids to the playground near our house. I had Julian in the front pack, Miles & Griffin in the double stroller, and Ronan walking next to me. I'm sure it looked like I had my hands full, but it was actually a lot easier than I expected. They all played together and stayed together nicely... and they were good listeners when it was time to leave. (: It was a fun experience for us, and April was very productive with her time and was able to get a lot done around her house. Yay!

No comments: