Monday, June 30, 2008

we play while Josh works...

Josh has been working so hard on the house lately, and I get to spend my days going to parks and playing with the kids. It doesn't seem fair, does it? Sometimes my days feel exhausting, but I have to remember that most of the time I have it easy compared to Josh. I know he enjoys working on the house, so I don't feel that bad for him (:

In the morning on Friday we met Katrina and Finley at Oakway Park, along with my friend, April and her kids. Ronan absolutely loves sand and water! Other moms often make comments about how sandy he gets, and I just smile (: I expect it and I'm usually prepared with extra clothes for him...and they are just glad that they don't have the job of cleaning him up! Most of the time I am OK with him being All boy (:
Griffin was really drawn to the fountain...not necessarily to get wet, just to fill his bucket. He's more timid than Ronan is when it comes to water.
Here's Finn trying to either fill up or wash off his sippy cup (:
Later that evening my parent's came over so that my dad could help Josh with siding. Josh is also hiring one of the high school boys in our youth group to help finish the siding!
While they all worked, my mom and I strolled the boys to our neighborhood park. It had been a super hot day, so it felt nice to be outside as it was cooling off.
Before the kids went to bed Josh climbed way high up in our cherry tree to get some of the nice and ripe ones. Ronan had been waiting so patiently for Josh to do that (:

No comments: