Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmastime is Here!

As soon as the November birthdays were over and Thanksgiving had passed, it was time for us to kick into gear and decorate for Christmas!  I was asked a few months ago if I would open my home for the Grace Holiday Tour of Homes, and although it sounded a little overwhelming, I decided to say yes.  The tour was on December 2nd, which is much earlier than we normally have our Christmas tree & house decorated.  But, it was fun to get everything ready so early--I really love decorating for Christmas!  I didn't stress out too much...and the whole event ended up going really well! (;
The ladies who were coordinating the event asked Becca to be my personal assistant for the night.  I'm SO glad she was there!  She kept the food stocked and everything in the kitchen running smoothly...while I tried my best to be hostess. (:  I think we had close to 80 women total, but they came in three separate groups so it wasn't too overwhelming. (;
Most of the food was prepared by women from church.  I made some cookies and cider, but everything else was brought to me!
a self portrait of Kelly & me (;
Our moms group made these snowflakes at our holiday craft day.  I painted mine red, and I really loved how it looked hanging in our dining room
I saw this idea on Pinterest and decided to do it with the boys.
above the front door
Another Pinterest idea--lights wrapped around tomato cages

No comments: